USA avoids confirming India’s ‘surgical strike’ claim

0
USA avoids confirming India's surgical strike

WASHINGTON: Spokesperson for the United States Department of State, John Kirby, refused to acknowledge India’s claim of conducting ‘surgical strikes’ in Pakistan, on Friday.

According to details, John Kirby said that US Secretary of State John Kerry had warned India not to escalate tensions further with Pakistan. Addressing a press briefing in Washington, Kirby said that US was aware of the tense relations between both countries.

“The United States is closely monitoring the situation,” he said, with regard to the exchange of fire that took place between India and Pakistan on Thursday.

India had claimed on Thursday that it had conducted surgical strikes inside Pakistan, which was denied vehemently by Islamabad. The ISPR had confirmed that two soldiers had been martyred in the attack by Indian forces across the Line of Control. Pakistan also said that it had given a befitting response to Indian troops.

Tensions have been on the rise between India and Pakistan ever since the Uri attack a couple of weeks ago, in which 17 Indian soldiers were killed. India, without proper investigation, placed blame on Pakistan for being involved in the attack. Pakistan vehemently denied the charge and took to the United Nations Assembly to denounce and condemn Indian atrocities in occupied Kashmir.

Reports had been circulating in the media that India was planning to conduct a surgical strike against Pakistan. However, no evidence was provided by the Indian government that it had indeed conducted a strike of such a nature on Pakistani soil.

Subscribe to TheGN via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this Website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Related:  Army Chief says Pak Army is most battle-hardened army in the world

There are no comments yet